In a free enterprise, the community is not just another shareholder in business but is in fact the very purpose of its existence.
Founder of the Tata group
Chairman, Tata Sons (1868 – 1904)
F. OUR Communities and the environment
- We are committed to good corporate citizenship, and shall actively assist in the improvement of the quality of life of the
people in the communities in which we operate.
- We engage with the community and other stakeholders to minimise any adverse impact that our business operations may have on the
local community and the environment.
- We encourage our workforce to volunteer on projects that benefit the communities in which we operate, provided the principles of this Code, where applicable, and in particular the ‘Conflicts of Interest’ clause are followed.
- In the production and sale of our products and services, we strive for environmental sustainability and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We seek to prevent the wasteful use of natural resources and are committed to improving the environment, particularly with regard to the emission of greenhouse gases, consumption of water and energy, and the management of waste and hazardous materials. We shall endeavour to offset the
effect of climate change in our activities.